We have roles for people who want to be challenged and inspired.
The Agency leads and provides direction in developing digital health, bringing the Australian health system into the digital century. It is responsible for the national digital health strategy including the design, development, delivery and national operations, while the Commonwealth Department of Health is responsible for national digital health policy.
The Agency will handle any personal information that you submit as part of a job application in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988. This includes your CV and any other personal information that you submit to the Agency via its website or by post, email, telephone or in person.
The Agency may also collect personal information about you from your nominated referee(s). The Agency will only use the personal information that it has collected in order to consider and facilitate your application for employment. If your application is not successful, the Agency may keep your personal information on file and may use it to contact you about other employment opportunities that may be of interest to you.
In addition to the roles advertised below, additional positions vacant can be viewed on our recruitment partner websites.
We have roles for people who want to be challenged and inspired.
Incident Management Support [DH17_22]
Ensure the functionality and effectiveness of the team through project coordination support and system management reporting
- Ongoing position
We have an opportunity for an Incident Management Support to join our Core Services My Health Records team within the Core Services Systems Operations Division.
The Core Services My Health Record has responsibility for core My Health Record System Operator functions and contributes to ensuring the system is clinically safe to use, is available for use by consumers and healthcare providers and for connection by approved software products.
This Section contributes to system release management, with a focus on operational impacts and must ensure that stakeholder issues relating to the My Health Record System are responded to and actioned appropriately in terms of quality, timeliness and professionalism and operational procedures.
Reporting to the Director, Core Services My Health Record and working closely with the Core Services and System Operations Team Lead, this role is responsible for providing project coordination support and system management reporting to ensure the functionality and effectiveness of the team. In addition this role also provides general admin support within the team.
- Contributing to and supporting the effectiveness of the Joint Working Group.
- Provide system management reporting including receiving, reviewing and distributing reports, and where appropriate raising issues indicated in those reports.
- Supporting the coordination and management of clinical safety incidents.
- Obtaining and applying an appropriate level of relevant technical knowledge of the My Health Record system, and the obligations of the System Operator.
- Contribute to the evaluation, development and improvement of internal systems and procedures within the Section.
- Support the integration of Digital Health functionality in clinical information systems through the management of service requests including escalating issues, solving problems, using professional judgement and supporting and guiding other team members to whom service requests may be allocated for actioning.
- Remain aware of the Team’s priorities, providing updates and supporting other functions of the section.
- Support the production of software products and frameworks to increase the quality of functionality related to Australia’s Digital Health infrastructure.
- Support business continuity planning, and the development and implementation of recovery plans as required.
- Supports the management of contracted operations for Help Desk (DHS) and those provided by NIO to ensure appropriate service levels and quality of service are maintained.
- Supports the development of detailed business requirements for enhancements to the My Health Record.
- Contribute to risk management activities across the Agency.
- Adhering to the Agency Values and Code of Conduct.
To be successful you will meet the following selection criteria:
- Experience working within a complex business service delivery environment.
- A relevant understanding of business and information technology.
- Skills in using a range of software.
- Excellent writing skills including experience in providing secretariat support.
- Analytic skills.
- Organisational skills including the ability to work under pressure and manage multiple competing tasks.
- Experience in collaborating with senior executives and a demonstrated ability to manage complex stakeholder relationships, both internally and externally.
- Ability to support innovation in the application of technology solutions to complex business problems.
- Ability to build and maintain effective stakeholder relationships, both internal and external.
- The right to work in Australia
Non-ongoing Employment Register [DH_001]
Looking to work with the Australian Digital Health Agency? Register your details here for any non-ongoing opportunities which may arise in the future
- Non-ongoing positions
- Sydney, Brisbane, Canberra
The Australian Digital Health Agency (the Agency) is currently seeking people with a desire to make a difference to health outcomes, who are passionate about the use of digital health to meet these goals and have the relevant experience to deliver solutions in a highly complex stakeholder and technical environment.
The Agency maintains a register to assist in filling temporary (non-ongoing) employment opportunities for periods of up to 12 months in our offices in Canberra, Sydney, Brisbane and Melbourne.
The register is used by the Agency to search for suitable candidates when a vacancy arises. These positions are often required to be filled at short notice, and may be full-time, part-time or casual. Casual positions are intermittent with hours and working days varying with business requirements.
If you are interested in working with the Agency but do not see any vacancies that match your current skill set, please submit your resume and cover letter by clicking the ‘Apply now’ button below.
Your details will be kept for a period of up to 12 months, though we recommend reviewing your application every 5 to 6 months to ensure your information is correct and up to date.
We endeavour to contact you if a suitable position arises, however also encourage you to apply for suitable vacant positions that are advertised.
Please note: You must have the right to live and work in Australia to register