- Get Started with Digital Health
- Using the My Health Record system
- Digital Health Developer Program
- Clinical Documents
- eHealth Foundations
- National Infrastructure
- Implementation and Adoption
- eHealth Reference Platform
- Supply Chain
- Specifications Maintenance Schedule
- My Health Record Developer
- Product Taxonomy
- Icon Library
- Browse Resources
- Terminology Access no longer available
- Recent Updates
- News and Events
About the Agency
- Tenders and Offers
- Digital Health Space Blogs
- Corporate Plan 2016 - 2017
- Australian Digital Health Agency Board
- Australian Digital Health Agency Executive Team
- Freedom of Information (FOI)
- Board Advisory Committees
- Photo Gallery
- Contact Us
- Help Centre
- Useful Links
- Website Accessibility
- Digital Health Cyber Security Centre
Get started with digital health for healthcare providers
Set Up for Healthcare Providers
Once you have completed the application forms explained in the digital health registration section, and received confirmation that you have been successfully registered for the digital health products applied for, the next step is to set up the products for use within your organisation.
The set up steps for each digital health product are explained in this section, starting with setting up Healthcare Identifiers within your organisation.
Set up Healthcare Identifiers
This step is required for organisations using clinical software to:
- Access the My Health Record system.
- Download patient IHIs.
- Use Secure Message Delivery.
Set up NASH PKI Certificates
This step is required for:
- Organisations who want to access the My Health Record system via conformant clinical software.
- Organisations who want to use Secure Message Delivery (SMD).
My Health Record Training for Providers of IT Support to General Practice
These self-paced learning modules provide an brief overview of the My Health Record system and step-by-step instructions for connecting to it, including installing HI and NASH Certificates and looking up and importing patients' IHIs.
Set up the My Health Record system
This step is required for organisations who want to access the My Health Record system.
Set up Secure Message Delivery
This step is required for organisations who want to use Secure Message Delivery (SMD).
Set up Electronic Transfer of Prescriptions
Electronic Transfer of Prescriptions (ETP) describes the safe and secure transfer of prescription information between a Prescriber (doctor, specialist, dentist, optometrist, nurse practitioner etc) and a Community Pharmacy using an electronic system known as a Prescription Exchange Service (PES).
An important part of the set up process is making the digital health products part of your organisations quality management system, and embedding them within your day to day workflows. Only by doing this, will your organisation start to experience the benefits offered through digital health.
Once you have completed set up and have validated the digital health products are working correctly, you can follow the using the My Health Record system section for help and guidance on using them in your everyday practice.
If you need help or have any questions at any point during this process, please contact the Help Centre.