Digital strategy – responsible for national digital health design and strategy, underpinned by strong clinical governance and digital health standards.
Technology services – responsible for the operation of high quality, trusted, reliable and secure national digital health infrastructure and health support systems.
Primary purpose of position
The purpose of the EL1 IT Business Analyst is to develop and communicate in-depth understandings of business processes, technical infrastructure, technical services and the strategic roadmap, in the context in which the Agency operates. This will ensure that professional decisions based on thorough business analysis will contribute to positive outcomes for all stakeholders. The operational requirements of the role are:
- To provide and apply highly developed specialist, professional, technical and business analytical knowledge to the business, and being accountable for individual and team outcomes.
- To lead the analysis of business needs across a complex portfolio of new and existing Agency initiatives; taking responsibility for: setting tasks and priorities; managing workflow to understand dependencies; and seeking and facilitating contributions to business and project requirements through workshops and feedback systems to ensure a consultative and coordinated solution co-design.
- To plan and lead detailed business analysis activities that may impact on the strategic or operational outcomes of the Agency. This includes conducting feasibility and benefit realisations studies, producing high-level and detailed business models, preparing business cases, overseeing development and implementation of solutions.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders to obtain collaboration, outcomes and solutions.
A job-specific allowance may be applicable for this position.
Skills and Experience
A proven leader, with measurable results in effective stakeholder engagement, and providing solutions based on detailed research, business analysis and judgement is critical to the success of the role. The EL1 IT Business Analyst will also possess:
- Demonstrated experience in producing outcomes and interpreting analysis results into insightful, clear and succinct business requirements and technical specifications.
- Highly effective stakeholder management skills with examples in gaining an understanding of business processes to deliver positive outcomes using open and collaborative communication tools.
- Proven track record in decision making based on knowledge, professional judgement, research and analysis, in a complex and changing environment.
- Proven ability in developing detailed business and technical documentation, project briefs, requirements traceability, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, task and workflow analysis, and user journeys.
- A thorough understanding of business analysis and a variety of methods that can be used to effectively improve business process and contribute to best practice frameworks.
Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance at a level designated by the Agency on request.
Ability to obtain and maintain national police check.
Australian Citizenship is a condition of eligibility.
Download the Position Description (PDF, 249.87 KB)