- Get started with Digital Health
- Using the My Health Record system
- For Implementers
- News and Events
- About the Agency
NEHTA eHealth Software Developer Community announcement – Secure Messaging Conformance Test Tools
- Created on Tuesday, 05 January 2016
The National E-Health Transition Authority (NEHTA) is pleased to announce the publication of the Secure Messaging Conformance Test Tools.
Who does this affect?
Developers who implement secure message delivery between healthcare providers. NEHTA's improved Secure Messaging Conformance Test Tools include revised manuals that are easier to read, and information about the patch for managing NASH PKI certificates.
Secure Messaging Conformance Test Tools – what are they?
1. Secure Messaging Test Harness, which automates the mandatory conformance test cases for all four secure messaging roles (sender, receiver, sender intermediary and receiver intermediary), and also automates the test cases for immediate mode delivery.
2. Secure Message Delivery Agent, which is an example implementation of secure messaging and includes an Endpoint Location Service (ELS). The Secure Message Delivery Agent can be used to interact with the Secure Messaging Test Harness as an implementation under test for training purposes.
The Secure Messaging Test Harness interacts with an implementation of the Australian Technical Specification for Secure Message Delivery (ATS 5822-2010) and executes test cases on a per scenario basis. The secure messaging delivery test cases and test scenarios are in the Secure Message Delivery - Conformance Test Specification v1.13 which may be downloaded from here.
The Secure Messaging Conformance Test Tools were previously published on the eHealth Collaborate test interest group website. The following changes were made to create the version published on the NEHTA website:
- The manuals were substantially revised to improve readability and to provide more information so that less subject matter expertise is needed to operate the test tools.
- A patch is included for the management of NASH certificates.
- New NASH certificates have been included as previous certificates have expired.
There are no other changes to the test tools.
By publishing the Secure Messaging Conformance Test Tools NEHTA has simplified the process for developers to test their software and reduced the development and time for testing conformance to the eHealth secure messaging delivery requirements, thereby enabling developers to deploy their software into production in a reduced timeframe.
Secure Messaging Integration Toolkit end product
The Secure Messaging Conformance Test Tools are included in a new version of the Secure Messaging Integration Toolkit. This toolkit also contains libraries for B2B connectivity to Secure Message Delivery (SMD) and Endpoint Location Services, providing sample code for all operations, as well as a Medical Document Management (MDM) library.
Click here to access the new version of the Secure Messaging Integration Toolkit end product and start using the Secure Messaging Conformance Test Tools!
Join the My Health Record Developer Community now by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the word SUBSCRIBE in the subject line. You will then receive updates specific to My Health Record developers, notification of new or revised tools and resources, and upcoming webinars.