Health Care Homes must be registered for My Health Record

All general practices wanting to take part in the federal government's Health Care Homes trial must be registered for and contribute to the My Health Record, enrolled patients must also have a My Health Record and practices must provide enhanced access for enrolled patients through in-hours telephone support, email or video conferencing.

Participating general practices and Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Services will receive a one-off grant of $10,000 to support their participation with a a number of requirements, including that they be registered for the Practice Incentives Program eHealth incentive (ePIP), use the universal patient identification tool that is being developed, agree to de-identified data collection and use a shared care planning tool.