- Get Started with Digital Health
- Using the My Health Record system
- For Implementers
- News and Events
About the Agency
- Corporate Plan
- Australian Digital Health Agency Executive Team
- Australian Digital Health Agency Board
- Board Advisory Committees
- Agency Clinical Reference Leads
- Digital Health Cyber Security Centre
- Digital Health Space Blogs
- Workforce and Education
- Photo Gallery
- Freedom of Information (FOI)
- Reporting fraud
- Senate Order Reporting
- Public Interest Disclosure
- Procurement, Tenders and Contracts
- Useful Links
- Website Accessibility
- Help Centre
- Contact Us
Using the My Health Record system
Digital health is the electronic management of health information to deliver safe, efficient, and better quality healthcare.
Once your organisation has completed the digital health registration and set-up steps to connect to the national My Health Record system, your organisation will be able to start using the My Health Record system features that are available in your clinical software. The benefits of digital health for both your organisation and patients are expected to be seen after sustained use of the My Health Record system; so it is important to find ways to incorporate use in to your daily activities.
In support of sustained use, there are a range of actions for you to consider:
- Promote your practice as being able to connect it with other healthcare providers who also advocate digital health for the benefits of their patients;
- Engage with your patient community about digital health and encourage them to sign-up and use the My Health Record system features to increase their involvement in their own care;
- Ensure your practice's clinicians and staff have a high awareness of digital health and use the system in their interactions with patients and other healthcare providers.
This section provides guidance to General Practice and Specialist Practices on:
How to use the My Health Record system
In this section, you will find information and instructions on how to use the My Health Record system after registering and setting it up in your healthcare practice, including data cleansing, viewing a My Health Record and more.
Digital health training resources
The Agency has a number of useful training resources to help make the transition to using digital health easier.