About the platform
The Clinician Vaccine Integrated Platform (CVIP) is used to manage vaccinations and report vaccination information to the Australian Immunisation Register (AIR).
It can be used by recognised vaccination providers who do not already have clinical software that reports to the AIR. This may include medical practitioners, pharmacists, nurses and midwives.
CVIP is free to use. It is available online through a web browser or can be downloaded as an app.
- integrates with the Commonwealth Booking Platform (operated by Healthengine)
- patient self-check in
- review current AIR history
- barcode scanning function to quickly record the supply of a vaccine
- reporting to AIR
- end-of-day reconciliation with uploaded AIR encounters
Full details of recent CVIP releases are available on the What's new in CVIP page.
Conditions of use
To use CVIP you must be:
Please read the full CVIP terms and conditions of use.
CVIP is not a replacement for AIR-integrated patient management or clinical software. It is an interim solution provided for use while you prepare to implement a permanent system. You can use CVIP if you do not yet have AIR-integrated software in place.
How to get started
1. Register your clinic with AIR so that you can upload data from CVIP
Download and complete form HW027 from Services Australia.
- In question 2, enter your clinic AIR provider number in the second field Other vaccination provider number (AIR only).
- In question 12, in the Location ID (minor ID) field put: AND00002.
- In question 25, select No.
Email the completed form to: [email protected]
If you want to register more than one clinic, please complete a separate form for each clinic.
This form captures details of your clinic and the staff who will use CVIP, including their PRODA RA number, organisation / individual AIR provider number or Medicare provider number.
- This will allow the app to link your PRODA and provider number with your clinic so you can report vaccination information to AIR.
Please allow 2 business days for processing. For urgent registrations, or if you want to add or remove providers for a registered clinic, please call 1800 723 471 (option 3).
3. Helpline sets up clinic in CVIP
- The helpline will set up your clinic and staff in CVIP and email you when this has been done.
4. Integrate with Commonwealth Booking Platform (optional)
If you want to integrate CVIP with the Commonwealth Booking Platform (operated by Healthengine), you need to:
- Contact Healthengine’s Commonwealth Booking Platform Support team.
- Provide your clinic ID. This appears under your name and clinic details on the top right of the screens when logged into CVIP.
Healthengine will then enable your integration.
5. Train staff and get clinic ready
Once your clinic has been set up in CVIP, clinic staff can:
- Download the app or access the web browser.
- Complete the CVIP eLearning course or register for an interactive education session.
- Identify and train support staff to check-in patients who don’t have a mobile device.
Get your clinic ready.
Add, change or remove clinic or provider details
To add a clinic or provider details, you can use the online form or call the CVIP helpline 1800 723 471 (option 3).
To change or remove provider details, you must call the CVIP helpline 1800 723 471 (option 3).
Downloading and installing
CVIP will work both as an app on a mobile device and via a web browser on a desktop computer.
- The app uses the mobile device camera to scan QR codes and barcodes.
- If you're using the desktop version, you can link to a 3D scanner to scan QR codes and barcodes. If you don't have a scanner, you can manually add the code details.
How to download the app
Download from Google Play store or the App Store.
Using the browser version
If you prefer to use CVIP on a desktop, you can use the browser version.
Recommended operating systems and browsers
- iOS 14.2 or later
- Android 10 or later
- Windows 10 (all versions)
- macOS 10.15.0 or later
- Mozilla Firefox
- Microsoft Edge (Chromium)
- Google Chrome (ver. 88.0 or later)
- Apple Safari (ver. 14 or later)
App Store and Safari are trademarks of Apple Inc.
Google Play, Android and Chrome are trademarks of Google LLC.
Get your clinic ready
CVIP supports consumer check in and matches their details to their Australian Immunisation Register record. This can save time in the clinic workflow.
Download and print the check in poster with the QR code and put it in a place where people can scan it as they enter the clinic.
Download generic poster
The QR code on these posters link to a check-in page where consumers select the clinic from a list of clinic names.
A3 QR code check in poster (PDF, 150.68 KB)
A4 QR code check in poster (PDF, 149.47 KB)
Download editable clinic-specific poster
You can generate a clinic-specific QR code to add to the editable poster. This will link to the check-in page with your clinic details already populated.
A3 Editable QR code check in poster (DOCX, 53.3 KB)
A4 Editable QR code check in poster (DOCX, 53.34 KB)
How to generate a clinic-specific QR code for the editable poster
- You will need your clinic ID. This is under the provider name when you log into CVIP.
- Open a free QR code generator such as https://www.qrcode-monkey.com/
- Copy and paste this URL:
At the end of the URL, after the equals sign, type or paste your clinic ID.
- Click Create QR Code. Download the QR code and save in your local file.
- Open the editable QR code Word poster.
- Right-mouse click on the gray QR code image and select Change picture > From a file.
- Browse to your QR code in your local file and select Insert. The QR code in the poster will be replaced with your clinic’s QR code.
- Test the QR code using a mobile phone camera to make sure it goes to the correct page.
QR code posters are particularly useful for busy clinics who are delivering a large number of vaccinations, to help ensure a seamless process.
Think about and map out where people will be.
- Where they will enter the clinic?
- Where will the check in poster with the QR code be placed? (e.g. this might be placed on a wall, door or check-in desk)
- Where will people stand or sit to enter their details into the app?
- Where will the support desk be placed?
CVIP collection notice
Read the CVIP collection notice.
You can download and print a privacy collection notice (PDF, 307.48 KB) for use in your clinic.