About the platform
The Clinician Vaccine Integrated Platform (CVIP) is used to manage vaccinations and report vaccination information to the Australian Immunisation Register (AIR).
It can be used by recognised vaccination providers who do not already have clinical software that reports to the AIR. This may include medical practitioners, pharmacists, nurses and midwives.
CVIP is free to use. It is available online through a web browser or can be downloaded as an app.
- patient self-check in
- review current AIR history
- barcode scanning function to quickly record the supply of a vaccine
- reporting to AIR
Conditions of use
To use CVIP you must be:
Please read the CVIP terms and conditions of use.
How to get started
1. Register your clinic with AIR so that you can upload data from CVIP
Download and complete form HW027 from Services Australia.
- In question 2, enter your clinic AIR provider number in the second field Other vaccination provider number (AIR only).
- In question 12, in the Location ID (minor ID) field put: AND00002.
- In question 25, select No.
Email the completed form to: [email protected]
- This form captures details of your clinic(s) and the staff who will use CVIP, including their PRODA RA number, Medicare provider number or AIR provider number.
- This will allow the app to link your PRODA and provider number with your clinic so you can report vaccination information to AIR.
- If you have healthcare providers at multiple clinics, they can select the clinic that applies to them on the day.
3. Call the helpline to register
- Call 1800 723 471 (option 3).
- You will need to provide information from the registration form, or you may be asked to provide the spreadsheet via an alternative method (the helpline will provide details).
4. Helpline sets up clinic in CVIP
- The helpline will set up your clinic and staff in CVIP and advise when this has been done.
5. Train staff and get clinic ready
Once your clinic has been set up in CVIP, clinic staff can:
- Download the app or access the web browser.
- Complete the CVIP eLearning course.
- Identify and train support staff to check-in patients who don’t have a mobile device.
- Get your clinic ready.
Downloading and installing
CVIP will work both as an app on a mobile device and via a web browser on a desktop computer.
- The app uses the mobile device camera to scan QR codes and barcodes.
- If you're using the desktop version, you can link to a 3D scanner to scan QR codes and barcodes. If you don't have a scanner, you can manually add the code details.
How to download the app
Download from Google Play store or the App Store.
Using the browser version
If you prefer to use CVIP on a desktop, you can use the browser version.
Recommended operating systems and browsers
- iOS 14.2 or later
- Android 10 or later
- Windows 10 (all versions)
- macOS 10.15.0 or later
- Mozilla Firefox
- Microsoft Edge (Chromium)
- Google Chrome (ver. 88.0 or later)
- Apple Safari (ver. 14 or later)
App Store and Safari are trademarks of Apple Inc.
Google Play, Android and Chrome are trademarks of Google LLC.
Get your clinic ready
CVIP supports patient check in and matches their details to their Australian Immunisation Register record. This can save time in the clinic workflow.
Download and print the check in poster with the QR code and put it in a place where people can scan it as they enter the clinic.
A3 QR code check in poster (PDF, 150.68 KB)
A4 QR code check in poster (PDF, 149.47 KB)
This will be particularly important for busy clinics who are delivering a large number of vaccinations to help ensure a seamless process.
Think about and map out where people will be.
- Where they will enter the clinic?
- Where will the check in poster with the QR code be placed? (e.g. this might be placed on a wall, door or check-in desk)
- Where will people stand or sit to enter their details into the app?
- Where will the support desk be placed?
CVIP collection notice
Read the CVIP collection notice.