When digital health services are connected, healthcare providers and authorised residential aged care staff have immediate access to a resident’s key health information.
This connected healthcare will support aged care homes and means their residents can receive better continuity of care.
Watch this video to find out more about the benefits of digital health in residential aged care.
Benefits of connected care
- Reduce time spent accessing health history
- Streamline information into one secure location
- Improve continuity of care
- Save time in an emergency.
Connecting residential aged care homes
Tailored one-on-one support is available for all residential aged care homes wishing to connect to the My Health Record system.
If you’re interested in connecting your residential aged care home, email [email protected].
Software product conformance
See which software products are conformant with My Health Record.
If your residential aged care home or organisation uses these software products, please contact them for information about when the upgraded changes will be available to you.
Initiatives are underway to partner directly with software developers to ensure their software products for the aged care sector are conformant with My Health Record. This is so that more products that support clinical information and medication management can be connected.
Digital health literacy
Better connected healthcare for Australians can be achieved through uptake and adoption of technology. Support is available by:
- building digital health capability across the health and aged care workforce, delivered through the National Digital Health Capability Action Plan
- evolving health and care to meet the needs of modern Australia under the National Digital Health Strategy
- improving access to clinical advice for aged care residents through telehealth initiatives
- supporting the aged care workforce through resources and training. Please navigate to ‘aged care’ under the heading ‘your areas of practice’ via the healthcare provider webpage.
Online learning module
We have an online learning module to help you understand more about My Health Record for older Australians and their carers.