Learning from each other
The aim of the program is to use learnings from participating communities to create a toolkit that can be used by other similar communities to improve the health and wellbeing of the people who live there.
Five key focus areas
- Connecting the community’s healthcare providers to My Health Record
- Supporting the expansion and availability of telehealth across all areas of healthcare
- Increasing awareness and use of secure messaging for the exchange of clinical information across different care settings
- Enabling the use of electronic prescriptions in general practices and pharmacies
- Building digital health literacy and participation among healthcare providers, patients and their families
There are currently three Communities of Excellence.
Emerald in Queensland and Hedland in Western Australia were foundation communities, having been a part of this initiative since 2019. More recently, East Arnhem in the Northern Territory was added.