Clinical Package Validator v2.3 Release
- Created on Tuesday, 21 July 2015
NEHTA is pleased to announce it has released a new version (2.3) of the CDA Validator tool. Renamed the Clinical Package Validator (Validator) the tool helps vendors test whether a healthcare software system is producing clinical documents and clinical packages that conform to some applicable eHealth specifications.
Version 2.3 of the Clinical Package Validator:
- Provides a platform that enables the automation of conformance test cases and test scenarios, through the application of Schematron rules that are in addition to those in a PCEHR template package.
- Supports the validation of eHealth Diagnostic Imaging Reports that reference clinical information outside the clinical package (e.g. a diagnostic image on a website), through the automation of version 1.5 of the Conformance Test Specification for CDA® Packaging.
Download the Clinical Package Validator v2.3:
The Validator performs test for the following types of clinical documents:
- Advance Care Directive Custodian Record
- Australian Childhood Immunisation Register
- Australian Organ Donor Register
- Birth Details
- Child Parent Questionnaire
- Consumer Entered Achievements
- Consumer Entered Measurements
- Discharge Summary
- eHealth Diagnostic Imaging Report
- eHealth Dispense Record (previously known as PCEHR Dispense Record)
- eHealth Pathology Report
- eHealth Prescription and Dispense View
- eHealth Prescription Record (previously known as PCEHR Prescription Record)
- Event Summary
- Health Check Assessment
- Health Check Schedule View
- Medicare DVA Benefits Report
- Medicare Overview
- Observation View
- Personal Health Note (previously known as Consumer Entered Notes)
- Personal Health Summary ( previously known as Consumer Entered Health Summary)
- Pharmaceutical Benefits Report
- Shared Health Summary
- Specialist Letter
The template packages can be imported from the personally controlled electronic health record (PCEHR) software vendor test environment (SVT) or downloaded from the relevant clinical document end product available:
Note: The Validator was previously published as part of the Clinical Documents Integration Toolkit under the name CDA Validator. It is now published as a separate end product.
As with previous versions, the Validator does not test conformance against all specifications. This Release Note defines a set of tests that are supported, tests partially supported, and a general description of the types of tests not supported.
Results from the Validator must not be relied upon to determine software conformance when declaring conformance to the PCEHR System Operator. A vendor will need to supplement results from the Validator with their own testing before declaring conformance.
New PCEHR Developer Website
We provide easily customised guides and resources for developers who want to integrate eHealth products into their platforms. Incorporate all three of our scenarios to get the full suite of Personally Controlled Electronic Health Record (PCEHR), and can be found here:
Clinical Package Validator v2.3 is now also available from the specific link below:
For further support or to provide feedback, please email the NEHTA Help Centre at [email protected] or phone 1300 901 001. Your views on the scope and usability of the Validator will inform future releases.