- Get Started with Digital Health
- Using the My Health Record system
- For Implementers
- News and Events
About the Agency
- Corporate Plan
- Australian Digital Health Agency Executive Team
- Australian Digital Health Agency Board
- Board Advisory Committees
- Agency Clinical Reference Leads
- Digital Health Cyber Security Centre
- Digital Health Space Blogs
- Workforce and Education
- Photo Gallery
- Freedom of Information (FOI)
- Reporting fraud
- Senate Order Reporting
- Public Interest Disclosure
- Procurement, Tenders and Contracts
- Useful Links
- Website Accessibility
- Help Centre
- Contact Us
eHealth Integration Sample Code (eHISC) v2.0 March 2015 Release
- Created on Thursday, 12 March 2015
NEHTA has released updated specifications for the eHealth Integration Sample Code (eHISC) comprising source code and associated documentation for the software.
It is available for download from the following location on the NEHTA website:
eHISC has had multiple enhancements, please download the Release Note v2.0 to view changes:
The eHISC provides implementers and software vendors with a sample implementation of a communications solution that enables patient administration systems and clinical information systems to interact with the Healthcare Identifiers Service and the personally controlled eHealth record system (PCEHR).
It is a standalone middleware solution offering the following functionality:
- Connection to the Healthcare Identifiers Service to search for and retrieve national healthcare identifiers.
- Assisted PCEHR registration of patients.
- Connection to the PCEHR to:
- Determine if a patient has an eHealth record.
- View a patient’s eHealth record;
- Post clinical documents into this record including:
- discharge summaries;
- prescription and dispense records;
- event summaries;
- shared health summaries; and
- specialist letters;
- pathology reports; and
- diagnostic imaging reports.
- Package these documents prior to submission.