- Get Started with Digital Health
- Using the My Health Record system
- For Implementers
- News and Events
About the Agency
- Corporate Plan
- Australian Digital Health Agency Executive Team
- Australian Digital Health Agency Board
- Board Advisory Committees
- Agency Clinical Reference Leads
- Digital Health Cyber Security Centre
- Digital Health Space Blogs
- Workforce and Education
- Photo Gallery
- Freedom of Information (FOI)
- Reporting fraud
- Senate Order Reporting
- Public Interest Disclosure
- Procurement, Tenders and Contracts
- Useful Links
- Website Accessibility
- Help Centre
- Contact Us
GS1 Conference Raises the Bar on Patient Safety
- Created on Friday, 10 August 2012
Healthcare professionals from 33 countries gathered for the 21st Global GS1 Healthcare Conference in Sydney in March, to advance the implementation of global supply chain standards and ultimately raise the bar on patient safety.
A record number of more than 330 delegates attended the event, which was hosted by GS1 Australia with NEHTA as the Industry Partner. Since its debut in 2005, this is the first time the conference has been hosted in Australasia.
NEHTA’s world-leading National Product Catalogue was a highlight on the agenda. The system is one of the first in the world to focus exclusively on the needs of the healthcare industry and is endorsed by all state, territory and federal health departments.
In addition, NEHTA hosted an invitation only international Government Healthcare Supply Chain Think Tank to examine best practice in electronic healthcare supply chain reform from global public sector agencies. Both Peter Fleming and Dr Mukesh Haikerwal spoke at the conference.
Watch the GS1 wrap up video: