National Clinical Terminology Service Connectathon - Technical Webinars
The Australian Digital Health Agency in collaboration with the CSIRO, is hosting three webinars ahead of its fifth technical Connectathon on the National Clinical Terminology Service (NCTS) including its use of HL7's Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources (FHIR®). These webinars are open to anyone interested in attending.
1. Introduction to the FHIR specification webinar
This is an introductory level 1-hour technical webinar held on Thursday 5 April, from 11am to 12pm AEST.
Topics will include:
- An overview of the FHIR specification
- An overview of the CodeSystem, ValueSet and ConceptMap resources
- Content negotiation; including basic use of HTTP post client
- An overview of the basic SCRUD actions (Search, Create, Read, Update and Delete) and their input/output parameters.
2. Introduction to the NCTS products and services webinar
This is an introductory level 1-hour technical webinar held on Tuesday 10 April, from 10am to 11am AEST.
Topics will include:
- Objectives of the NCTS
- What CodeSystem, ValueSet and ConceptMap resources are available from the NCTS
- The NCTS APIs; including the National Terminology Server and National Syndication Server
- Deploying local terminology services using Ontoserver and Snapper
- Various terminology deployment scenarios and use cases
- Brief overview of what else we are working on e.g. Medication resource.
3. Basic FHIR terminology services webinar
This is an introductory level 1-hour technical webinar held on Thursday 12 April, from 2pm to 3pm AEST.
Topics will include: • A recap of the structure of CodeSystem, ValueSet and ConceptMap resources • A recap of the basic FHIR SCRUD actions (Search, Create, Read, Update and Delete) • Specific terminology operations; including $lookup, $subsumes, $expand, $validate-code, $translate and $closure • Various terminology use cases and which operations are applicable • Some tips and hints.
Details and online registration for the NCTS Connectathon No. 5 can be found here. Registrations close COB Tuesday 3rd April, 2018.
Please visit our website to find out more about the NCTS and our technical documentation.
For more information about these events, please contact our Help Centre via [email protected] or call 1800 901 001.