- Get Started with Digital Health
- Using the My Health Record system
- For Implementers
- News and Events
About the Agency
- Tenders and Offers
- Digital Health Space Blogs
- Australian Digital Health Agency Board
- Australian Digital Health Agency Executive Team
- Freedom of Information (FOI)
- Board Advisory Committees
- Photo Gallery
- Contact Us
- Help Centre
- Useful Links
- Website Accessibility
- Senate Order Reporting
- Corporate Plan
- Digital Health Cyber Security Centre
New Message Implementation Guidelines for Healthcare Supply Chain
- Created on Monday, 15 April 2013
The NEHTA eProcurement Solution is a standards based national approach for business-to-business (BRB) electronic trading across Australian healthcare organisations.
NEHTA has developed a standardised set of eProcurement messages leveraging both GS1’s global eMessaging standard GS1 XML and the Australian Standard AS 5023.
NEHTA’s eProcurement suite of messages consist of:
- Purchase Order
- Purchase Order Response
- Despatch Advice
- Settlement Advice.
The key benefits from eProcurement include:
- Interoperability between suppliers and purchasers
- Right product- right patient- right time and right place
- Increased transactional accuracy
- Reduced order errors
- Improved compliance
- Improved payment times
- Timely information for improved purchasing and inventory management.
The most recent development work has produced version 1.6 which incorporates specific jurisdiction requirements to improve use of the messages within the industry. Further development work over the next two months will ensure the completion of all current technical requirements for eMessaging in Australian healthcare.
These documents and additional information can be found at: