- Get Started with Digital Health
- Using the My Health Record system
- For Implementers
- News and Events
About the Agency
- Tenders and Offers
- Digital Health Space Blogs
- Australian Digital Health Agency Board
- Australian Digital Health Agency Executive Team
- Freedom of Information (FOI)
- Board Advisory Committees
- Photo Gallery
- Contact Us
- Help Centre
- Useful Links
- Website Accessibility
- Senate Order Reporting
- Corporate Plan
- Digital Health Cyber Security Centre
Australian Healthcare Product Purchasers Intention Statement – NPC and eProcurement
- Created on Friday, 10 August 2012
As part of NEHTA's Supply Chain Reform Programme Review conducted in 2011, suppliers indicated that they were unclear as to how their product data loaded on the National Product Catalogue (NPC) was being used by Australian Healthcare Buyers.
Accordingly, the purpose of this Intention Statement was to provide pharmaceutical, medical product and consumable suppliers, manufacturers, wholesalers, distributors, etc. in the Australian healthcare market with a snapshot of current NPC and eProcurement activities in the public and some private healthcare provider market.
It is our intention to update and release a quarterly edition of the Intention Statement to keep the market informed of current and future use of NPC data (both for accessing product data with Global Trade Item Numbers [GTINs] as well as using the GTINs and Global Location Numbers [GLNs] as the foundation for eProcurement activities).