- Get Started with Digital Health
- Using the My Health Record system
- For Implementers
- News and Events
About the Agency
- Tenders and Offers
- Digital Health Space Blogs
- Australian Digital Health Agency Board
- Australian Digital Health Agency Executive Team
- Freedom of Information (FOI)
- Board Advisory Committees
- Photo Gallery
- Contact Us
- Help Centre
- Useful Links
- Website Accessibility
- Senate Order Reporting
- Corporate Plan
- Digital Health Cyber Security Centre
Blog: Making timely and safe clinical decisions
Hospital pharmacist Leonie Abbott explains why having My Health Record accessible 24/7 is a huge benefit to the system.
I believe it is in our best interest to embrace the My Health Record system because sharing patient information is essential for making timely and safe clinical decisions.
Hospital pharmacist Leonie Abbott
Often patients are surprised that I don’t have all their information on my computer.
I hope My Health Record becomes my starting point when seeking patient health information on arrival to the Emergency Department (ED). Having My Health Record accessible ‘24/7’ is a huge benefit to the system. In a busy ED, being able to access information at any time is essential. Patients come in at all hours of the day or night with emergencies, and often they have little healthcare information with them, including knowledge of their medicines.