There are a range of new learning opportunities available for healthcare providers.
Webinar – Electronic Prescriptions: Update for Nurse Practitioners
Wednesday, June 17 2020 - 6:30pm to 8pm – Electronic prescriptions provide an option for Nurse Practitioners and their patients to have a digital prescription as an alternative to a paper prescription.
Register for this session, which will also address the accelerated electronic prescription initiative announced as part of the COVID-19 National Health Plan. The session will also focus on core Electronic Prescriptions capabilities and workflow aspects related to prescribers. At the end of the webinar there will be an opportunity for questions.
Pharmacy Guild launches CPD-accredited learning module on My Health Record Security and Access Policy
The module consists of three topics relating to policies, practices and systems that pharmacies should have in place to ensure data security and patient privacy:
- Why a Security and Access Policy is required;
- The contents of the standard industry policy template, and the definitions and terminology used within the policy template, and
- The obligations to review, update and communicate changes to the policy.
Visit the GuildED website for more details.
SNOMED International webinars available SNOMED International have recently scheduled a collection of webinar series showcasing the achievements of the SNOMED CT community of practice. The initial series include:
- Clinical Web Series: a collection of monthly, 90-minute webinars where clinicians working with SNOMED CT share their real-world experiences. Attendees will gain a greater insight into the work of clinicians using SNOMED CT in their practice.
- Research Web Series: a collection of monthly, 60-minute webinars presented by distinguished researchers from the SNOMED CT community. The webinars showcase current research involving SNOMED CT.
Registration is open to all and there is no cost to attend. Due to the often 'unfriendly' times of the live events, the recordings of webinars are also available for viewing. Further information and registration details can be found on the SNOMED International website.
In case you missed it, you can find out more about how digital health works practically during COVID-19 in this webinar recording:
Visit the My Health Record events and Developer community events pages for the latest information.