The National Clinical Terminology Service (NCTS) is pleased to announce that the October combined release of SNOMED CT®-AU1 and the Australian Medicines Terminology (AMT) is now available to registered users from the NCTS website.
Document Library update
The following resources have been added to the Document Library:
Please refer to the NCTS Document Library Release Note v2.24 in Recent Updates for further details
AMT Support Group meeting
The AMT Support Group is an open forum to provide an opportunity for individuals to participate in the ongoing development of the AMT. The next meeting will be held via teleconference on Tuesday 10th November 2:00-3:30pm (AEDT). If you are not yet a member and keen to be involved, please forward an expression of interest to [email protected].
SNOMED course catalogue
SNOMED International has launched two new short courses as part of their suite of education courses and learning pathways.
- SNOMED CT for Clinicians is a short course that introduces SNOMED CT to clinicians and answers some of the questions commonly asked. This is currently offered for free.
- SNOMED CT Terminology Services Certification Course is a self-paced course that teaches the principles of using a SNOMED CT terminology server to search and retrieve SNOMED CT content. The price for Australian individuals is $US100.
Want to know more? Visit the SNOMED CT course catalogue for information and to enrol in these and other courses on offer: https://courses.ihtsdotools.org/
- SNOMED CT Foundation Course^ - FREE for Australian individuals and is a prerequisite for some of the other courses.
- SNOMED CT Authoring Level 1 Course^ - New intakes begin every March and September.
- SNOMED CT Authoring Level 1 Certification.
- SNOMED CT Implementation Course^ - New intakes begin every January and July.
- SNOMED CT for Data Analysts - FREE.
- SNOMED CT for Developers - FREE.
^These courses also earn you CPD points towards your Certified Health Informatician Australasia (CHIA) credentials.
SNOMED CT-AU inclusive of the Australian Medicines Terminology is updated monthly and is available to download for free to registered license holders. To register for an account please go to the registration page.
Licensing terms can be found here.
Development by the NCTS relies on the input and cooperation of the Australian healthcare community. We value your feedback and encourage questions, comments, or suggestions about our products. You can contact us by completing the online support request form, emailing [email protected], or calling 1300 901 001.
Thank you for your continued support.
"SNOMED" and "SNOMED CT" are registered trademarks of the International Health Terminology Standards Development Organisation (IHTSDO).