The National Clinical Terminology Service (NCTS) has published an out-of-cycle combined 20210204 release of SNOMED CT®‑AU1 and the Australian Medicines Terminology (AMT) which is now available to registered users from the NCTS website.
This out-of-cycle release has been produced specifically to give users access to the new Australian Medicines Terminology (AMT) concepts for the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine as provisionally approved by the TGA. The new Preferred Term concepts are as follows:
- Substance: 1525001000168109 |BNT162b2 mRNA|
- MP: 1525021000168100 |COVID-19 mRNA vaccine|
- MPUU: 1525031000168102 |COVID-19 mRNA vaccine injection, 0.45 mL vial|
- MPP: 1525051000168108 |COVID-19 mRNA vaccine injection, 195 x 0.45 mL vials|
- TP: 1525011000168107 |Comirnaty|
- TPUU: 1525041000168106 |Comirnaty Multidose injection, 0.45 mL vial|
- TPP: 1525061000168105 |Comirnaty Multidose injection, 195 x 0.45 mL vials|
- CTPP | 1525071000168104 |Comirnaty Multidose injection, 195 x 0.45 mL vials|
Additionally, other AMT concepts have been added as part of the regular medicines updates. There are no changes to the clinical content in this interim release.
Note: The approved International Nonproprietary Name (INN) for the active ingredient is pending approval from WHO and the Australian Approved Name (AAN) and AMT will be updated following this.
Change to February release date
Due to an unexpected delay of the upcoming 1 March PBS data, the scheduled SNOMED CT-AU February release date has been moved to 22 February 2021. We will endeavour to release prior to this date if possible.
SNOMED CT-AU inclusive of the Australian Medicines Terminology is updated monthly and is available to download for free to registered license holders. To register for an account please go to the registration page.
Licensing terms can be found here.
Development by the NCTS relies on the input and cooperation of the Australian healthcare community. We value your feedback and encourage questions, comments, or suggestions about our products. You can contact us by completing the online support request form, emailing [email protected], or calling 1300 901 001.
Thank you for your continued support.
"SNOMED" and "SNOMED CT" are registered trademarks of the International Health Terminology Standards Development Organisation (IHTSDO).