How do I know if I have My Health Record?
Most Australians have a My Health Record. If you haven’t logged into your record yet, you first need to link it to your myGov account.
Find out how to link My Health Record to myGov.
What documents provide proof of vaccination?
There are two types of documents:
- An immunisation history statement shows all your vaccinations recorded on the Australian Immunisation Register, including COVID-19 vaccinations.
- A COVID-19 digital certificate shows only your COVID-19 vaccinations. You’ll be able to get your digital certificate after you’ve had all required doses of a vaccine approved for use in Australia. Your vaccination provider needs to add all doses to the Australian Immunisation Register before you can get your certificate.
Where to find proof of vaccination in your record
If you are logged into your record, you can get your proof of vaccination documents from record home or the immunisations page.
Log in to My Health Record via myGov.
Get your document from record home
- Scroll to the Health snapshot section.
- Click Immunisation history statement or COVID-19 digital certificate to open the PDF viewer.
The COVID-19 digital certificate link is available once you have had all required doses of a vaccine approved for use in Australia.
Get your document from the immunisations page
- From the top menu, select Documents and then select Immunisation from the drop-down menu.
- Click one of the buttons at the top of the screen to view and download your immunisation history statement or your COVID-19 digital certificate.
The COVID-19 digital certificate button is available once you have had all required doses of a vaccine approved for use in Australia.
- Use the icons in the top right of the viewer to download or print your statement.
The immunisation information displayed in other sections of this page comes from the Australian Immunisation Register (AIR) and certain clinical documents in your record.
If the rest of this page is empty or seems incomplete:
- Check your Medicare Information Settings (under the Profile & Settings tab).
- Make sure Yes is selected for 'All information about immunisations recorded on the Australian Immunisation Register (AIR).'
Selecting Yes will also let your healthcare providers see your immunisation information.
Anyone 14 or over and managing their own My Health Record can get proof of vaccination from their record.
You can do this even if you are not eligible for Medicare or DVA benefits.
Find out how to get a My Health Record without a Medicare or DVA card.
Find out what other information is available in My Health Record